My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sad Passing: Lt. Col "Jeff" Cooper
May 10, 1920 - September 25, 2006

Here was a man.

I grew up reading Cooper's concise, clear writings on the defensive use of the pistol; the proper goals and skills for a young man; and the decline of 'personal excellence' as a goal for Americans everywhere. He was a significant influence in my life, at a time when that influence was desperately needed. It wasn't until years later that I realized how important it had been.

There is nothing I could write would do him justice, so instead I'm simply going to offer a link to the windfall of written work that I benefited from. Save the link. Read it whenever you can- you will be glad you did. It will take a while; there is so much here, and it is all worth reading.

http://myweb.cebridge.net/mkeithr/Jeff/

Vaya Con Dios, Colonel Cooper. A 21-gun salute with 1911's is definitely in order.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godspeed, Colonel.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home